Monday, October 26, 2009

What's Taoish?

This is a living document. By that, I mean that I will update this as my path drifts. And it's a vanity piece. Sorry. Sometimes I'm vain.

I can't remember exactly when I stumbled onto my first translation of the Tao Te Ching. I know it was a result of my looking for something older than Christianity/The Bible as a key to spiritual enlightenment. It was probably in the summer of 2008.

I was raised in a mostly Protestant fashion and had left church attendance in my late teens. At that point and up until a few years ago I would have described myself as an agnostic.

Currently I consider myself a Philosophical Taoist. I am not a member of any Taoist group and I consider Taoism a philosophy, not a religion. I am opposed to religion in every form that I have come across so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment